KINGS POINT, N.Y. (Nov. 23, 2019) – The USMMA women's swim & dive team hosted seven teams at the USMMA Memorial Invite Saturday at the O'Hara Hall Pool. The Mariners had a couple strong showings against Division I St. Peter's and the divers of Manhattan College, Division II Adelphi and Pace, Division III SUNY Maritime, #20 TCNJ and the divers of #7 NYU as well as NJCAA Fashion Institute of Technology.
The following Mariners finished in the top-six at the meet.
- Freshman Roxy Matlashewski (Anoka, Minn.) in the 400 individual medley (5:00.81)
- Matlashewski in the 200 individual medley (2:20.75)
- Senior Erica Lou (Flushing, N.Y.) in the 200 breaststroke (2:42.24)
- The 400 freestyle relay team of freshmen Kira Porzio (Palo Cedro, Calif.), Emma Clarkson (San Antonio, Texas), Abigail Thomas (Lafayette Hill, Pa.) and Hannah Grant (East Peoria, Ill.) in 3:56.40
- Thomas in the 500 free (5:35.62)
- Junior Victoria Kirshner (Santa Clarita, Calif.) in the 200IM (2:21.30)
- Clarkson in the 100 butterfly (1:03.70)
- Matlashewski in the 200 breast (2:43.07)
- Clarkson in the 200 fly (2:22.96)
- Kirshner in the 50 free (26.22)
For the complete results from the meet, click here.
The Mariners will take the next week-plus off from competition for the holiday break and return to the pool for a road Skyline tri-meet at Sarah Lawrence College on Dec. 3. At the tri-meet they will take on the host Gryphons and Purchase College.
Receive USMMA Women's Swimming & Diving News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA women's swimming & diving team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Women's Swim & Dive E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!