KINGS POINT, N.Y. (Jan. 12, 2019) – The USMMA men's swimming & diving team triumphed over visiting Skyline opponent Mount St. Mary College, 166-73, on Saturday afternoon in the O'Hara Hall Pool. With the win, the Mariners improve to 5-1 (4-0 Skyline), while the Knights fall to 2-4 (1-2 Skyline) with the loss.
Merchant Marine won all but one event on the afternoon. Listed below are the victors.
- Junior Caelin Weaver (Olive Branch, Miss.), senior Christopher Kahl (Solomons, Md.), sophomore Jack Welch (Chesapeake, Va.) and junior Nolan Monahan (Stafford, Va.) in the 200 medley relay (1:41.35)
- Sophomore Daniel Fry (Peachtree Corners, Ga.) in the 1000 freestyle (10:34.01)
- Sophomore Daniel Moore (Riverview, Fla.) in the 200 free (1:46.80)
- Weaver in the 100 back (55.48)
- Sophomore Jack Higgins (Needham, Mass.) in the 100 breast (1:00.09) and the 200 breast (2:18.26)
- Freshman Alex Boschma (Ocala, Fla.) in the 200 fly (2:04.10)
- Freshman Andrew Scherrer (Wellesley, Mass.) in the 50 free (22.77)
- Sophomore Gillem McMillan (Knoxville, Tenn.) in the one-meter dive (219.08)
- Freshman Patrick Tolloti (Dover, Ohio) in the 100 free (49.57)
- Sophomore John Cairns (Durham, N.C.) in the 200 back (2:02.71)
- Freshman Elias Gray (Anaheim, Calif.) in the 500 free (5:19.37)
- Senior Thomas Curry (Los Angeles, Calif.) in the three-meter dive (242.85)
- Junior Michael Moore (Los Alamos, N.M.) 200 individual medley (2:03.21)
- Weaver, Monahan, Dan Moore and Welch 200 free relay (1:28.47).
The following swimmers also attained season-best times today.
- Fry in the 1000 free by 24 seconds (10:34.01)
- Cairns in the 200 free by five seconds (2:02.71)
- Sophomore Jake Breschi (Perry Hall, Md.) in the 200 free by two seconds (1:52.86)
- Dan Moore in the 200 free by two seconds (1:46.80)
- Higgins in the 100 breast by three seconds (1:00.09) and the 200 breast by seven seconds (2:18.26)
- Sophomore Kyle Pins (Fredericksburg, Va.) in the 100 breast by two seconds (1:06.20), the 200 breast by five seconds (2:27.46) and the 200 IM by three seconds (2:08.31)
- Senior Bryce Carroll (Wellsville, Pa.) in the 200 breast by three seconds (2:32.56)
To view the complete results from the meet, click here.
Up next, the Mariners will travel up to arch-rival Coast Guard next Saturday, Jan. 19. First event is scheduled for 12-noon at the Bears' Roland Pool on their campus in New London, Conn.
Receive USMMA Men's Swim & Dive News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA men's swim & dive team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at email@example.com with the subject "Men's Swim & Dive E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!