KINGS POINT, N.Y. (Jan. 10, 2018) – The USMMA women's swimming & diving team captured a 121-63 Skyline victory over visiting St. Joseph's of Brooklyn on Wednesday night at the O'Hara Hall Pool. With the win, the Mariners improve to 5-0 (5-0 Skyline) on the season, while the Bears fall to 5-7 (3-3 Skyline) in defeat.
Merchant Marine won every single event on the night. Below are the Mariners' first-place finishers.
- The 200 medley relay team of sophomore Erica Lou (Flushing, N.Y.), senior Liz Grove (Winchester, Va.), sophomore Fallon Wulff (Chapel Hill, N.C.) and freshman Christina Hogan (North Andover, Mass.) in 2:02.66.
- Freshman Victoria Kirshner (Santa Clarita, Calif.) in the 1000 freestyle (11:35.74), the 200 free (2:08.90) and the 100 breaststroke (1:13.47)
- Junior Pamela Grod (Northbrook, Ill.) in the 50 free (26.59)
- Freshman Emily Orski (East Islip, N.Y.) in the 100 individual medley (1:10.52)
- Junior Kara Korengel (Cincinnati, Ohio) in the one-meter dive (195.60) and the three-meter dive (210.30)
- Lou in the 100 butterfly (1:06.89)
- Grove in the 100 free (59.92)
- Sophomore Meika Gathy (Waterford, Conn.) in the 100 back (1:06.59)
- Hogan in the 500 free (5:58.21)
- and Orski, Lou, Grove and Gathy in the 200 free relay (1:51.06)
For the complete results from the meet, click here.
Up next, the Mariners will travel up to Newburgh, N.Y., this Saturday, Jan. 13, along with the men's team for a Skyline Conference double dual meet against Mount St. Mary College. The opening event of the day is set for 1 p.m. at the Knights' Kaplan Center Pool.
Receive USMMA Women's Swim & Dive News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA women's swimming & diving team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at email@example.com with the subject "Women's Swim & Dive E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!