Women win swimmingly over Lehman
KINGS POINT, N.Y. – For the second time in as many nights, the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy women's swimming team won a meet at home.
Jacqueline White and Elizabeth Radzwill each captured two events to lead the Mariners to a 106-76 victory over Lehman College in O'Hara Hall on Tuesday night.
The Mariners (2-1), who bested Queens College on Monday, boasted 11 winners on Tuesday.
White finished first in the 200-yard freestyle in 2:04.78 before she won the 100 backstroke in 1:05.80.
Radzwill started things off by winning the 1,000 freestyle in 12:16.95 as Merchant Marine swimmers swept the top three places.
Other highlights from the meet included:
* Alison Garcia Pena took first in the 50 freestyle in 27.42 seconds.
* Elizabeth Moore won the 200 individual medley in 2:31.51.
* Casey Moore captured the 100 butterfly in 1:06.75.
* Alexandra Biehn finished first in the 100 freestyle in 1:00.47.
* Susanne Dannessa earned first-place honors in the 100 breaststroke in 1:16.64.
* Lynae Harvey won the one-meter diving competition with 171.23 points.
* And Kathryn Schmidt captured the three-meter diving event with 168.67 points.
The Mariners won't be swimming in an actual competition until after the Christmas break when they compete at Scranton University on Jan. 7. However, they certainly will keep in shape as they will train in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. from Dec. 26-Jan. 3.