KINGS POINT, N.Y. (Feb. 12, 2018) – For the fourth time this season and second-straight week, USMMA sophomore Kaleigh D'Arcy (White Plains, N.Y.) has landed on the Skyline Conference women's basketball weekly honor roll, the league announced on Monday. The recognition comes after her performances in the Mariners' two games last week – an 88-23 home win over Sarah Lawrence on Wednesday and a 58-46 road loss at Mount St. Mary on Saturday.
D'Arcy averaged 15.0 points per game and 8.0 rebounds per game over the two contests. She led all players in the road loss to the Knights on Saturday with 18 points and 14 rebounds. She shot 8-for-12 from the field in the game with two 3-pointers. The sophomore also had 12 points in the Mariners' home win over the Gryphons on Wednesday.
Among all Skyline players, D'Arcy is one of six Mariners that ranks in the top-10 in the conference in a statistical category. Her 15.6 points per game ranks seventh in the league, while her .460 shooting percentage is good for sixth and her 1.2 blocked shots per game is tied for seventh.
Below are the rest of the Mariner players that rank in the top-10 in the Skyline statistically.
- Sophomore Shelby Peters (El Dorado Hills, Calif.) is fifth in the conference with 9.8 rebounds per game and third with 1.8 blocks per game.
- Senior Gabrielle Salazar (Memphis, Tenn.) ranks fifth in the league with 3.8 assists per game, while her 1.2 assist-to-turnover ratio is tied for second and her 2.9 steals per game is tied for fourth.
- Senior Tichina Carmon (Greenville, N.C.) is fifth in the Skyline with a .707 shooting percentage.
- Freshman Kiana Vega (El Paso, Texas) is tied for sixth with 3.7 assists per game and tied for ninth with a 1.0 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Sophomore Taylor Hightower (White Plains, Md.) ranks ninth in two categories – rebounds (8.7 per game) and blocks (1.1 per game)
The Mariners play host to the St. Joseph's-L.I. Golden Eagles tomorrow night, Tuesday, Feb. 13, beginning at 7 p.m. at the Liebertz Gymnasium. Live stats and a live video feed of that contest will be available with links on the USMMA Women's Basketball Schedule Page.
Receive USMMA Women's Basketball News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA women's basketball team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Women's Basketball E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!