KINGS POINT, N.Y. (Jan. 8, 2018) – The Skyline Conference announced on Monday that USMMA sophomore Kaleigh D'Arcy (White Plains, N.Y.) was selected to the league's weekly honor roll for women's basketball for the week ending Jan. 7. The accolade comes after her performance in the Mariners' 69-47 home loss to Skyline opponent Mount St. Mary this past Saturday.
In the setback, D'Arcy notched her second double-double of the season, as she tied for the game-high with 18 points and also brought down a team-best 10 rebounds. The guard drained three 3-pointers in the third quarter and also finished the contest with two steals and a block.
Among all Skyline players, D'Arcy ranks ninth in the league with 14.9 points per game, while her .474 shooting percentage is good for sixth and her 2.8 steals per game is tied for sixth.
Here are the remaining Mariner players that rank in the top-10 in the Skyline:
- Senior Gabrielle Salazar (Memphis, Tenn.) is first in the league with a 1.2 assist-to-turnover ratio, fourth with 3.8 assists per game and fifth with 3.0 steals per game.
- Sophomore Shelby Peters (El Dorado Hills, Calif.) is tied for second in the conference with 1.7 blocks per game, ranks fourth with 10.3 rebounds per game and sixth with a .676 free throw percentage.
- Sophomore Taylor Hightower (White Plains, Md.) is fifth in the league with 9.7 rebounds per game and tied for fifth with 1.4 blocks per game.
- Freshman Kiana Vega (El Paso, Texas) is fifth in the conference with 3.6 assists per game and tied for fifth with a 1.0 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Senior Tichina Carmon (Greenville, N.C.) is 10th in the league with a .597 free throw percentage.
The Mariners are back in action tonight, Jan. 8, at 7 p.m. up in Bronxville, N.Y., against Skyline opponent Sarah Lawrence. Live stats and a live video feed of the contest will be available with links on the USMMA Women's Basketball Schedule Page.
Receive USMMA Women's Basketball News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA women's basketball team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Women's Basketball E-Mails."