PURCHASE, N.Y. (Dec. 8, 2018) – The USMMA men's swimming team defeated Skyline opponents Purchase College (123-34) and Sarah Lawrence College (117-52) on the road Saturday up at Purchase. With the pair of victories, the Mariners improve to 4-0 (4-0 Skyline) on the season.
Merchant Marine won 10 of the 11 events on the day. Listed below are the Mariners that touched first in their events.
- Senior Christopher Kahl (Solomons, Md.), freshman Patrick Tolloti (Dover, Ohio) and juniors Caelin Weaver (Olive Branch, Miss.) and Nolan Monahan (Stafford, Va.) in the 400 medley relay (3:37.21)
- Freshman Matthew Mizell (Merritt Island, Fla.) in the 200 free (1:51.84) and the 200 back (1:59.52)
- Monahan in the 50 free (22.11)
- Tolloti in the 200 individual medley (2:03.45)
- Freshman Alex Boschma (Ocala, Fla.) in the 200 fly (2:04.28)
- Sophomore Jack Welch (Chesapeake, Va.) in the 100 free (50.00)
- Freshman Christian Quinn (Pine Knoll Shores, N.C.) in the 500 free (5:14.26)
- Junior Michael Moore (Los Alamos, N.M.) in the 200 breast (2:23.69)
- and junior Zachary Hess (Vernon, Conn.), freshman John Jansen (Valrico, Fla.), sophomore Kyle Pins (Fredericksburg, Va.) and freshman James Kaleel (Ortonville, Mich.) in the 400 free relay (3:31.64)
The following swimmers also picked up season-best times in their respective events.
- Mizell in the 200 back (1:59.52)
- and Quinn in the 500 free (5:14.26)
For the complete results from the meet, click here.
The Mariners will take a break from dual meet action for the remainder of the 2018 portion of the schedule. They will return to action in the New Year, on Friday, Jan. 11, with a home meet against non-conference opponent NYU. First event is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the O'Hara Hall Pool. A live video feed of that meet will be available with the link on the USMMA Men's Swimming & Diving Schedule Page.
Receive USMMA Men's Swim & Dive News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA men's swim & dive team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at email@example.com with the subject "Men's Swim & Dive E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!