GLASSBORO, N.J. (Feb. 3, 2018) – The USMMA men's swimming & diving team dropped its final dual meet of the season on Saturday to the #14 team in the country, the Rowan Profs, by the final score of 133-110. The loss drops the Mariners' record to 5-3 on the season, while Rowan improves to 9-1.
Merchant Marine won five events on the day, including the 400 medley relay which led off the meet. For the complete results from the meet, click here.
The following Mariners had first-place finishes at the meet:
- Junior Christopher Kahl (Solomons, Md.), sophomore Nolan Monahan (Stafford, Va.), senior Jordan Weaver (Olive Branch, Miss.), and freshman Daniel Moore (Riverview, Fla.) in the 400 medley relay (3:31.40 – a season-best by seven seconds)
- Dan Moore in the 200 freestyle (1:45.47)
- Monahan in the 200 individual medley (1:57.58) and the 200 breaststroke (2:10.04)
- and Kahl in the 200 backstroke (1:53.30 – a season-best by 2.5 seconds)
In addition to the season-bests mentioned above, the following Mariners had their best performances this year in their respective events:
- Freshman Jake Breschi (Perry Hall, Md.) in the 1000 free by one second (10:03.63)
- Junior Nick Fox (Clive, Iowa) in the 1000 free by five seconds (10:39.08)
- Sophomore Maximilian Haubrich (Grayslake, Ill.) in the 200 butterfly by two seconds (2:00.79)
- J. Weaver in the 200 fly by one second (2:04.97)
- Sophomore Caelin Weaver (Olive Branch, Miss.) in the 200 back by two seconds (2:00.85)
- Sophomore Matthew Stegen (Mandeville, La.) in the 200 back by one second (2:02.67)
- Sophomore Michael Moore (Los Alamos, N.M.) in the 200 breast by two seconds (2:11.08)
- and freshman Jack Higgins (Needham, Mass.) in the 200 breast by .3 seconds (2:15.58)
In diving action, freshman Gillem McMillan (Knoxville, Tenn.) came in third place in the one-meter dive with an NCAA Qualifying Mark on 289.05 and also placed fifth in the three-meter dive (251.40). Junior Thomas Curry (Los Angeles, Calif.) came in fourth place in both the one-meter dive (245.80) and the three-meter dive (255.95).
The Mariner divers are set to compete next weekend at the NYU Invitational in Manhattan. Action is set to get underway on Friday, Feb. 9, at the Violets' Palladium Athletic Facility, and will continue on Saturday, Feb. 10.
Receive USMMA Men's Swim & Dive News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA men's swimming & diving team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at email@example.com with the subject "Men's Swim & Dive E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!