NEWBURGH, N.Y. (Jan. 13, 2018) – The USMMA men's swimming team defeated Mount St. Mary on the road Saturday afternoon, 166-62, up at the Knights' Kaplan Center Pool. With the victory, the Mariners improve to 5-2 (5-0 Skyline), while MSMC falls to 4-4 (3-2 Skyline).
Merchant Marine won 13 of the 14 events on the day. Listed below are all the Mariners' that touched first on the day.
- Junior Christopher Kahl (Solomons, Md.), sophomore Michael Moore (Los Alamos, N.M.) and freshmen Daniel Moore (Riverview, Fla.) and Jack Welch (Chesapeake, Va.) in the 200 medley relay (1:40.04)
- Kahl in the 100 backstroke (54.54), the 200 back (1:56.08) and the 200 individual medley (2:01.78)
- D. Moore in the 50 free (21.85) and the 100 free (47.21)
- Freshman Jake Breschi (Perry Hall, Md.) in the 200 butterfly (2:02.49) and the 100 fly (54.92)
- Freshman John Cairns (Perry Hall, Md.) in the 1000 free (10:21.33)
- M. Moore in the 100 breaststroke (1:03.03)
- Freshman Jack Higgins (Needham, Mass.) in the 200 breast (2:15.85)
- Junior Nick Fox (Clive, Iowa) in the 500 free (5:13.38)
- and sophomore Caelin Weaver (Olive Branch, Miss.), Welch, D. Moore and sophomore Nolan Monahan (Stafford, Va.) in the 400 free relay (3:16.39)
The Mariners return to action next Saturday, Jan. 20, when they host arch-rival Coast Guard on Senior Day. First event is scheduled for 1 p.m. at the O'Hara Hall Pool, as the Mariners will look to earn a point in the standings for the 2017-18 Superintendents' Trophy against the Bears. Prior to the meet, the Mariners will honor their graduating seniors with a special Senior Day ceremony. A live video feed of the meet will be available at this link.
Receive USMMA Men's Swim & Dive News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA men's swimming & diving team, including all press releases, send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Men's Swim & Dive E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!