Friday NYU Results
Saturday MSMC Results
KINGS POINT, N.Y. (Jan. 21, 2017) – The U.S. Merchant Marine Academy men's swimming & diving team lost a non-conference home meet to #8 NYU on Friday night at the O'Hara Hall Pool, 159-84, but rebounded on Saturday to defeat Skyline Conference opponent Mount St. Mary, 178-89. The Mariners' record moves to 6-3 overall on the season, including finishing the Skyline slate with a perfect 6-0 record.
The following Mariners won their races on Friday night with season-best times:
- Freshman Michael Moore (Los Alamos, N.M.) – 500 freestyle (4:47.99)
- Senior Karl Sasse (Frederick, Md.) – 100 breaststroke (59.21)
The following Mariners recorded season-best times on Friday night:
- Senior John Terselic (Tijera, N.M.) – 1000 free by 17 seconds (10:18.14)
- Senior Kevin Sweetman (Austin, Texas) – 500 free by six seconds (4:50.94) and 200 free by 1.5 seconds (1:49.16)
- Sophomore Matheus Macedo (Elk Grove, Calif.) – 200 free by one second (2:01.32)
- Moore – great time in 400 individual medley (4:13.63)
- Senior Joshua Jepsen (San Diego, Calif.) – 400 IM by six seconds (4:25.58)
- Sophomore Nick Fox (Clive, Iowa) – 400 IM by seven seconds (4:37.48)
- Sasse – 50 free by 0.2 seconds (22.75)
- Freshman Zachary Hess (Vernon, Conn.) – 100 free by one second (50.92)
- Sophomore Christopher Kahl (Solomons, Md.) – 100 backstroke by 0.7 seconds (53.32)
In diving action, junior Adam Fisher (Edgerton, Wis.) finished in second place in both the three- and one-meter events with scores of 273.375 and 270.30, respectively.
On Saturday, the Mariners won all but one event against the Knights. Fisher won both the one- and three-meter diving competitions with scores of 273.75 and 299.18, respectively. His three-meter dive score was an NCAA qualifying mark.
Freshman Nolan Monahan (Stafford, Va.) had a team-best four victories in the meet. Individually, he won the 100 breast in 1:01.61, the 200 breast in 2:16.09 and the 200 IM in 2:02.08. He was also a part of the 200 medley relay squad that led off the day with a victory by touching first in 1:37.59.
The Mariners will host Skyline Conference opponent Mount St. Mary on Saturday beginning at 1 p.m. at the O'Hara Hall Pool. A live video stream of the meet will be available at this link.
Receive USMMA Men's Swim & Dive News Right To Your E-Mail!
If you would like to receive the latest news on the USMMA men's swim & dive team – including all press releases – send an e-mail to Assistant Athletic Director for Communications Joe Guster at email@example.com with the subject "Men's Swim & Dive E-Mails."
Follow USMMA Athletics On Social Media!
Be sure to follow USMMA Athletics on social media to get up-to-the-minute updates on your favorite teams! Start following today on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!