Vita is vital (2 wins) as men swimmers swamp Queens College
KINGS POINT, N.Y. – Frank Vita captured two individual events and was part of a winning relay race to help the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy men to a 131-81 non-conference victory over Queens College on Monday night.
It was the Mariners' (2-0) second win in three days, having won at Manhattan College on Saturday.
Vita won the 200-yard freestyle in 1:46.83 and the 100 breaststroke in 1:03.60.
Seven other Mariners won individual events.
* Erik Blanchard in the 1000 freestyle in 10:51.01
* Chris Scott in the 200 individual medley in 2:07.18.
* Fields in the 100 butterfly in 55:01.
* Lindgren in the 100 freestyle in 48.16.
* Hunter Rowan in the 100 backstroke in 57.53.
* Andrew Terselic in the 500 freestyle in 5:07.10.
* And Sean Higgins in a pair of one-meter diving events as he accrued 186.75 and 120.03 points, respectively.
The Mariners (2-0) won't have time to rest on their laurels. They host Lehman College at 6 p.m. Tuesday in their final meet of 2011.
The Merchant Marine women also defeated Queens College, registering a 137-87 win.